This article applies to selling in: France
The content below is for guidance only. Amazon reserves the right to remove any listing it considers to be inappropriate for sale for any reason.
Examples of Permitted Listings
Reminder: all listings and products must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Food is permitted as long as it is correctly packaged, labelled and delivered, and complies with all applicable regulations. All listings must comply with the EU regulation on the provision of food information to consumers. All ingredients must be lawful and within permitted quantity or concentration limits.
- All food products offered for sale on an Amazon website must (as a minimum) be labelled in the language of that website. For example, all food products offered for sale on Amazon.fr must (as a minimum) be in French.
- All food products offered for sale on an Amazon website must comply with all applicable EU and local laws, including but not limited to food information and labelling regulations (such as Regulation 1169/2011/EC).
Examples of Prohibited Listings
- Food containing any illegal drug or sweets designed to resemble illegal drugs
- Prohibited animal products and products made from endangered or threatened species, including products containing shark, whale, dolphin or porpoise meat or parts
- Products with expired "use by" dates
- Products labelled as "not for retail sale," or "not intended for resale"
- Products making prohibited health or medicinal claims. For more information, see the Prohibited Product Claims page
- Products that an official or governmental entity has determined present an unreasonable risk of injury or illness, or that are not safe for human consumption, such as:
- Beef thiophene ("3-acetyl-2, 5-dimethylthiophene")
- Bentonite Clay
- Kava kava
- Jelly mini-cup sweets
- Products containing ingredients that are not authorised or are restricted under the Novel Food Regulations, such as:
- Miracle berry
- Globe amaranth
- Pueraria Mirificia
- Beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB)
- Ketones, Ketone salts/esters and synthetic raspberry ketones
- Food infringing protected geographical indications and protected designations of origin
- Food additives that are prohibited either in all food products or in certain food products, such as:
- Titanium Dioxide (E171)
- Butane (E943a)
- Isobutane (E943b)
- Propane (E944)
- Konjac (E425)
- Brominated Vegetable Oil (BVO)
- Food colours or dyes that are not listed as permitted under EC Directive 94/36/EC
- Hemp gummies and other similar hemp products
Please note: Sellers who list prohibited items can have their selling permissions removed, either temporarily or permanently.
Related Amazon Help Pages
Additional Useful Information
Sign in to use the tool and get personalized help (desktop browser required).